Categories
Featured Hot News Politics Trending

President Buhari Receives $312 Billion Abacha Loot From US

President Buhari Receives $312 Abacha Loot From US

President Buhari Receives $312 Billion Abacha Loot From US

Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, has announced that the Nigerian government on Monday received $311,797,866 of the Abacha loot.

The money was repatriated from the United States and the Bailiwick of Jersey after a recent agreement.

Malami, in a statement by his Spokesman, Umar Gwandu, said the amount increased from over $308 million two months ago to $311 million because of the interest that accrued.

He noted that the litigation process for the return of these assets titled “Abacha III” commenced in 2014, while the diplomatic process that culminated into the signing of the Asset Return Agreement in February.

“This Agreement is based on international law and cooperation measures that sets out the procedures for the repatriation, transfer, disposition and management of the assets.

“In line with the 2020 Asset Return Agreement, the fund has been transferred to a Central Bank of Nigeria Asset Recovery designated account and would be paid to the National Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) within the next fourteen days.

“The NSIA is responsible for the management and execution of the projects to which the funds will be applied,” the Minister has said.

Malami said the money will be used to fund projects including Lagos – Ibadan Expressway, Abuja – Kano Road, and the Second Niger Bridge.

To ensure transparent management of the returned assets, the Nigerian government promised to, “engage a Civil Society Organisation, who has combined expertise in substantial infrastructure projects, civil engineering, anti-corruption compliance, anti-human trafficking compliance, and procurement to provide additional monitoring and oversight.”

Please Share This:
Categories
Featured Hot News Politics Trending

SHOCKING NEWS: Another Death In Aso-Rock

SHOCKING NEWS: Another Death In Aso-Rock

SHOCKING NEWS: Another Death In Aso-Rock As Buhari loses personal bodyguard

The Presidency on Tuesday announced the death of one of President Muhammadu Buhari’s bodyguards, Lawal Mato, a warrant officer.

The President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, who confirmed this in a statement in Abuja, said Mr Mato passed away after three years of struggling with diabetes.

Mr Mato died a few days after the Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari, died.

Mr Shehu quoted the president to have described the officer, who had been working with him for many years before he won the 2015 elections as “very thorough, trustworthy and dependable soldier who carried out his duty with diligence and focus.’’

Mr Buhari prayed that Allah would ease his passage to paradise and grant his family, government and people of Jigawa State the fortitude to bear the loss.

Mr Mato was part of a team that former President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua restored to Mr Buhari as personal security and he had been off full duty for three years, treating diabetes.

SHOCKING NEWS: Another Death In Aso-Rock As Buhari loses personal bodyguard

Please Share This:
Categories
Featured Hot News Photos Politics Trending

Shocking! There Is A Hole In President Buhari’s Neck

Shocking! There Is A Hole In President Buhari’s Neck

Shocking! There Is A Hole In President Buhari’s Neck

IPOB leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has called the attention of Nigerians to an obvious hole in Buhari’s neck.

Taking to twitter, the freedom fighter shared a photo of President Muhammadu Buhari with something that appears to be a hole in his neck.

Shocking! There Is A Hole In President Buhari’s Neck
There is a hole in Buhari’s neck – Nnamdi Kanu claims (Photos)

Kanu claims that the hole is as a result of a faulty surgical mask.

See below:

Shocking! There Is A Hole In President Buhari’s Neck

Nnamdi Kanu has several times claimed that the person in Aso Rock is not the President.

He is totally convinced that the Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is being impersonated by a Sudanese identified as Jubril..

Shocking! There Is A Hole In President Buhari’s Neck

Please Share This:
Categories
Featured Hot News Politics Trending

Buhari Can’t Appoint New Service Chiefs Ndume says

Buhari Can’t Appoint New Service Chiefs   Ndume says

Buhari Can’t Appoint New Service Chiefs Ndume says

The Chairman of the Senate Committee on Army, Senator Ali Ndume, has given reasons why President Muhammadu Buhari cannot afford to change or appoint new service chiefs for now.

He told medium in an interview that Buhari could not afford to change the military leadership because Nigeria was in a complete state of war.

The Chief of the Defence Staff, Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin; Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai; Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar; and Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas.

Ndume told this medium that the president could not but retain the service chiefs because Nigeria is in a state of war, not only in the North-east, but all over the country with serious military deployments to quell crisis and maintain peace
He said: “We are in war. Definitely, we are in war. We are fighting the insurgents in the North-east and in the North-west.

The military is so much involved and are being deployed in so many zones of the federation. The security situation is such that that the military is involved almost in all parts of the country. So, we are in war.

“The military is so involved in so many security challenges. In fact, in almost the 36 states, in fact, this is a pointer that we are at war.

“Coincidentally, the president is a retired army general and he knows this war situation better than most Nigerians; and he knows when to change his army commanders and when not to do that. As a commander-in-chief, he understands this war situation better than we the civilians.

“I’m sure he is doing the right thing as the commander-in-chief and when he finds it necessary, he will effect changes.”
He stated that he didn’t think that changing the service chiefs would solve the insecurity in the country.

“I don’t think that changing the service chiefs will be the solution to the insecurity in the country. I don’t think that this war is not won because the service chiefs are still there and have not been changed.”

Please Share This:
Categories
Featured Hot News Politics Trending

Breaking — President Buhari reacts to tribunal verdict

I wasn’t worried all along — President Buhari reacts to tribunal verdict

I wasn’t worried all along — President Buhari reacts to tribunal verdict


President Buhari has reacted to the Presidential election tribunal’s judgement which upheld his victory in the February 2019 Presidential election.

The President said he was not worried about the outcome of the court process because he knew Nigerians elected him for a second term in office.

“Good conscience fears no evil report. I was unperturbed all along, because I knew Nigerians freely gave us the mandate. We are now vindicated,” Femi Adesina, presidential spokesman, quoted Buhari to have said.

Commending the judiciary for not “dispensing justice without fear or favour”, President Buhari also dedicated his victory at the tribunal to God and Nigerians.

The statement reads in full “President Muhammadu Buhari says the ruling of the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal on the February 23, 2019 poll, is victory for Nigerians who trooped out to overwhelmingly elect him for a second term in office.

“Good conscience fears no evil report. I was unperturbed all along, because I knew Nigerians freely gave us the mandate. We are now vindicated,” the President declares.

He dedicates the victory to God, and to Nigerians, while also commending the judiciary for “dispensing justice without fear or favour.”

President Buhari extends a hand of fellowship to those who had felt aggrieved at the outcome of the election, and went to court, noting that it was within their democratic rights.

He notes, however, that with the pronouncement of the judiciary, “it is time for the country to move forward as one cohesive body, putting behind us all bickering and potential distractions over an election in which Nigerians spoke clearly and resoundingly.”

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media and Publicity)

Please Share This:
Categories
Featured Hot News Politics

‘Nigeria is winning war against terror’ – President Buhari

‘Nigeria is winning war against terror’ – President Buhari

‘Nigeria is winning war against terror’ – President Buhari (Read)

President Buhari has said that the Nigerian Armed Forces and their allies are winning the war against terror.

Addressing Graduation Ceremony of Senior Course 41 at the Armed Forces Command and Staff College (AFCSC) in Jaji, President Buhari, commended the collaboration with neighbouring countries in the fight against Boko Haram terrorists, noting that the effort was crucial in decimating the enemy.

“Many of the security threats faced by Nigeria are trans-border in nature. That is why the West African sub-region and indeed the African continent must step up the level of military cooperation that currently exists amongst us. I am sure you are aware of the collaboration of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, Republic of Cameroun, Niger, Benin and Chad in a multinational operation to decimate Boko Haram terrorists in the Lake Chad Basin and other regions.

The effort is laudable and has continued to yield positive results, as the war on terror is being won on all sides. I want to assure you that Nigeria, in partnership with our allies, will not relent until terrorists are completely decimated,’’ he said

The President assured that the Federal Government will continue to give priority to the training and welfare of officers and men of the Armed Forces, including the eminent institution, established to train tactical and operational level officers on the tenets of staff work and command.

The Nigerian leader used the occasion to appreciate the Armed Forces for prompt responses to the numerous security challenges facing the county.

“Your response to Boko Haram insurgency, banditry, militancy, kidnapping as well as activities of separatists and armed militias among others have been very commendable. The Nigerian Armed Forces have also committed huge resources towards stability of the West African sub-region and world peace in general” he said

The President told the 207 Senior Course 41 graduates that the nation expects the best from them in terms of commitment to duties, loyalty and service to the fatherland given the time and investments expended on their training.

He expressed delight that the prestigious college had 13 international officers from 11 African countries and the Republic of Korea, who successfully completed Course 41, an improvement on Senior Course 40, which had 11 international students.

The President also commended the management for introducing media awareness packages in its training in order to sensitize officers on the importance and methodologies of utilizing information and media actions in support of military operations.

President Buhari welcomed the modernization drive in the military institution, evident in the establishment of an e- examination centre and rejuvenated library facilities.

The President also praised the college for reviewing its curricula to build the capacity of student officers to become more proficient in military operations that are better situated to addressing Nigeria’s current security threats.

Please Share This:
Categories
Entertainment Featured News Sports

Players Protesting Non-Payment In Camp

President Buhari SHOCKED Over Super Eagles Players Protesting Non-Payment In Camp

Governor of Plateau State, Simon Lalong, has claimed President Muhammadu Buhari was shocked by reports that allowances were owed the Super Eagles for their first two matches against Burundi and Guinea, at the ongoing African Cup of Nations in Egypt.

Lalong disclosed this on Monday in Abuja, after he met with Buhari at the Presidential Villa.

The players had protested at their Helnan Palestine Hotel in Egypt, although the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) explained it was due to bank delays.

Lalong was on the government delegation that visited Egypt to watch the Nigeria’s games against Burundi and Guinea.

“I came to see the President on behalf of my state and on behalf of the 19 northern states as the Chairman of Northern Governors’ Forum.

“I came in to have a discussion with Mr President. Of course, many of you know that I just came back from Egypt where we went to cheer our Super Eagles. I also brought him the concerns of our players over there and he promised to handle the matter immediately.

“This is because football is a unifying factor in Nigeria and we should not joke with it. If they bring back the cup, it will cement our relationship and that is one of it,” he said.

On Buhari’s reaction to the players’ protest over unpaid allowances, Lalong said,

“Well, many of the concerns raised were that their allowances were not paid and Mr President expressed surprise because he signed these allowances and wondered why they were not paid to them.

“I was a footballer. It is not like before when you played football out of patriotism, now it is combined with the economic aspect.

“When you bring people, definitely from the ministry, you must ensure that their allowances are paid. We went there for the joy of it and the day we were there they won their match but when we left yesterday, I understand they lost to Madagascar.

“Defeating Guinea and allowing Madagascar to defeat us is a surprise, but I think with good motivation, these boys would bring back the cup.”

What do you think? Drop a Comment:-

Players Protesting Non-Payment In Camp

Please Share This: